The motto of the Academy is encountering Christ in all things. We encounter him not only in the way we treat each other and in the material we study but especially in prayer and the Sacraments. While we always leave room for the Holy Spirit to surprise and inspire us with His goodness, we are also focused and comprehensive in our approach to the spiritual development of our students. Our spiritual formation emphasizes a real and personal encounter with Christ and also living as a disciple and being formed in the faith and a life of virtue. Our approach seeks to harmoniously and seamlessly provide a moral, doctrinal, spiritual and liturgical formation to our students. This includes providing opportunities for prayer, retreats and the sacraments. The students’ spiritual life includes:
- Mass Monday-Thursday: required for K-8, and optional grades 9-12
- All school Masses on Friday (required)
- Confession scheduled monthly for all classes and available daily after Mass
- Eucharistic chapel in the heart of the school – open all day
- Eucharistic processions
- Daily Angelus at noon
- Retreats for grades 7 – 12
- Prayer before classes and athletic activities
- All school Rosaries
- Reading and contemplating the Holy Scriptures and great spiritual writers
- Daily Consecration to Our Lady as a school
- May Crowning
- Feast Day celebrations, especially Our Lady of Guadalupe, St. Joseph and the Annunciation.
- Formation through the Disciple of Christ – Education in Virtue curriculum
Assisting students to encounter Christ through comprehensive spiritual development that is natural, thoughtful, and joyful.