Annual Summer Rome Program
Benvenuti Nella Cita Eterna!
Make your study of history, theology, art, architecture, and Latin come to life through the annual parish academy summer Rome program. Spend ten days in the Eternal City and surrounding region. Pray before the tomb of Saint Peter, walk through the Roman Forum, stroll the streets of Assisi where Saint Francis preached, venerate the site of Saint Paul’s martyrdom. Earn 0.5 credits while you experience the trip of a lifetime. Open to current sophomores and juniors in good standing.
Earn 0.5 credits for your time in Rome.
Twice a month required lunch meetings
Required readings and activities due at meetings
Presentation to other students during the following Fall semester
“The Colosseum and the Roman Forum allowed me to imagine how my family and I might have lived years ago in Rome.”
“The Sistine Chapel gave me a deeper appreciation of beauty.”
“I could have stood and looked at the Pieta for hours.”
“Going to confession at Saint Peter’s Basilica brought me closer to Jesus Christ.”
“This trip opened my mind to history in a way that it had never been before.”
“This trip has been one for the most amazing experiences of my life!”
The Guest House of Santa Maria alle Fornaci and the Trinitarian Fathers
Instituted by the Trinitarian Fathers to accommodate pilgrims in Rome, this guest house has a beautiful baroque church just next door!
We’re literally a stone’s throw from St. Peter’s Square. Check out the map below!
The guesthouse has a 24/7 reception desk. No-one enters or exits without speaking with the receptionist.
Each room is complete with 2 single beds, a private bathroom, A/C, WiFi and a telephone line.
A 3-minute Walk from St. Peter’s Square
For residence info please visit:
Cost And Selection Process
- Open to all current sophomores and juniors in good standing
- $4,000 per student
- Six $3,250 student scholarships are available (students pay $750)
- Up to four $1,000 student scholarships available (students pay $3,000)
- Apply by contacting Mr. Jahnke before December, 7th, 2018
- Non-refundable deposits of $750 are due in full on January 1st, 2019
- Students are selected by a committee evaluating on the basis of
- Demonstrated commitment to school mission
- Demonstrated self-discipline and maturity necessary for foreign travel
ONLY 10 SEATS AVAILABLE!
Mr. Mark Jahnke: Mark.Jahnke@donahueacademy.org